The Department of Architecture at Epoka University prepares students for critical engagement with practice and ensures readiness for professional responsibilities. Our Department's vision is to offer a leading Architecture program in Albania and the Balkan region. We teach sustained evaluation of principles, traditions, and requirements of building in all its aspects. Our goal is to advance the profession of architecture by combining artistic talent, technical proficiency, and social engagement in pursuit of excellence.
Our programs seek to multiply insights and abilities of students, including sensitivity to the aesthetic and social responsibilities of environmental design; the cultivation of a broad, humanistic, world view; commitment to research; respect of innovation; an advanced understanding of the culture of practice; and sophisticated graphic skills and technical vocabulary. The education of students in sustainability is a major focus of the curriculum. Our programs are interdisciplinary and taught in English.
Strengths of our Programs:
- Unique blend of courses in architecture design and theory, building science and technology, and urban planning and design;
- Taught in English;
- Interdisciplinary and international;
- Exposure to a research environment;
- Professional internships;
- Exchange programs abroad;
- Possibility to pursue doctoral (Ph.D.) studies at Epoka University or abroad;
- State-of-the-art design software and studio environment.
The Department of Architecture offers:
- An integrated five-year program (Bachelor + Master). The first three years of the program (the undergraduate level) focus on architectural design studios. In the last two years (graduate level), students specialize in one of four profiles: (1) Architecture Design (2) Building Technology (3) Urban Planning and Design and (4) Interior Architecture and Product Design. Master of Science (MSc) in Architecture degrees are awarded to graduates [Master Shkencor].
- A Professional Master of Architecture program. This program is designed for professionals who already have work experience beyond their undergraduate studies.
- Soon, the Department will start offering a PhD program in architecture, with the same profiles as the integrated program described above.
Advancement Opportunities / Career Prospects
Exchange programs with several universities in other countries give our students a chance to study in a different environment for a semester or more. The Department's academic ties serve as a bridge for students interested in enrolling in M.A. or Ph.D. programs in universities abroad. Each year several students receive scholarships from U.S. and European universities for graduate studies. Our graduates are well-prepared to pursue careers in consulting firms, industry, research, non-profit organizations, and academic institutions.
The Department of Architecture requires students to complete at least one summer internship, for which they receive credit. To help place students in firms for their practice, we have entered in agreements with architecture studios in Albania and abroad.
All our faculty members have received training in from distinguished universities in Albania and abroad. They are in constant interaction with colleagues and institutions in many countries of the world, through exchange programs, workshops, and joint projects.
1st Year Advisor: Desantila Hysa, M.Arch / Anna Yunitsyna, M.Arch
2nd Year Advisor: Artan Hysa, M.Arch / Egin Zeka, M.Sc
3rd Year Advisor: Valbona Koci, M.Sc / Ina Osmani
4th Year Advisor: Ilir Nase, PhD / Jurtin Hajro, MArch
5+ Year Advisor: Sokol Dervishi,PhD
Bachelor studies coordinator: Artan Hysa, MArch
Master studies coordinator: Ilir Nase, PhD
PhD studies coordinator: Sokol Dervishi,PhD
General Coordinator: Edmond Manahasa, PhD Candidate